Here at St Clair Medical & Dental Centre, we have appointed a dedicated team to follow and track the progress of the Covid-19 pandemic closely and are implementing procedures to ensure the safety of our patients.
What is St Clair MDC doing?
We are nationally accredited.
All patients will be triaged over the phone and asked the following:
- Have you been overseas in the last 2-3 weeks?
- Do you have ANY signs of cold or flu including running nose, sneezing, cough, fever, difficulty breathing etc.
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed case of the coronavirus?
If the answer is “yes” to any of these symptoms, the patient will be asked not to come into the centre. Instead, our doctors have offered to consult the majority of these patients over the phone and recommend required treatment.
The door will be locked and a video doorbell will be added and disinfected after each touch. Patients who are scheduled or walk-in, will be triaged at the front door. Again, if the answer is “yes” to those questions above, they will be asked to return directly home and consult over the phone. If the answer is “no” the door will be opened and they may wait for their scheduled appointment time.
- Increased frequency of general area antibacterial cleaning including waiting areas and chairs.
- Magazines and free sample toothpastes have been removed (sorry guys – we did put Netflix on though).
- Some waiting room chairs have been removed to ensure adequate social distancing
- Anti-bacterial sanitisers will be available to all patients
Why are we going the extra-mile?
Simply, to ensure the safety of our patients and our team. We will keep our premises as sterile as humanely possible by not only stopping the virus at the front door, but going above and beyond what’s required to keep our space safe. We want our patients to feel secure during their visit and rest assured that they are in a safe environment for their medical or dental needs.
Still feeling a bit uneasy?
You may elect to wait in your car until your appointment is due. Please call us to let us know if you are waiting and we can call you as soon as your dentist or doctor is ready. Then, you can present and, passing triage, walk straight into your appointment.
High risk patients include:
- People with compromised immune systems (such as people who have cancer)
- Elderly people (over 70 years old)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples (as they have higher rates of chronic illness)
Monday-Friday: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Saturday: 8:30am – 12:30pm
ClinPath Pathology: Monday-Saturday 8:30am – 12 Noon