Here at St Clair Medical Centre, we have a dedicated team following and tracking the progress of the Covid-19 pandemic closely and are implementing procedures to ensure the safety of our patients.
What is St Clair Medical Centre doing?
We are nationally accredited.
All patients will be triaged over the phone and asked the following:
- Do you have ANY cold of flu symptoms including Cough, Fever, Sore Throat, Shortness of Breath, Runny Nose, Loss of Taste or Smell, Fatigue?
- Have you been diagnosed recently with Covid-19?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has been recently diagnosed with Covid-19?
If the answer is “yes” to any of these symptoms, the patient will be offered a Telehealth or Telemed consult (providing you have had a face to face appointment with our Doctor's in the last 12 months), if preferring a face to face appointment patients are required to provide a negative RAT or PCR test prior to the consult.
- Increased frequency of general area antibacterial cleaning including waiting areas and chairs.
- Some waiting room chairs have been removed to ensure adequate social distancing
- Anti-bacterial sanitisers will be available to all patients
Why are we going the extra-mile?
Simply, to ensure the safety of our patients and our team. We will keep our premises as sterile as humanely possible by not only stopping the virus at the front door, but going above and beyond what’s required to keep our space safe. We want our patients to feel secure during their visit and rest assured that they are in a safe environment for their medical or dental needs.
Still feeling a bit uneasy?
You may elect to wait in your car until your appointment is due. Please call us to let us know if you are waiting and we can call you as soon as your doctor is ready. Then, you can present and, passing triage, walk straight into your appointment.
High risk patients include:
- People with compromised immune systems (such as people who have cancer)
- Elderly people (over 70 years old)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples (as they have higher rates of chronic illness)
Monday-Friday: 8:00am – 5:30pm
ClinPath Pathology: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 12.30pm